We would like to congratulate our 2016 scholarship winner, Rebecca Vilcheck. Rebecca is attending The Ohio State University as an Aerospace Engineer major. She was awarded $500 towards her schooling and plans to use it for her upcoming Spring semester.
This year Women in Aviation, Cleveland Chapter will award four (4) $500.00 Scholarship to any deserving individuals who are currently seeking training in one of the following areas:
- Private Pilot Certificate
- Instrument Rating
- Multi Engine Rating
- Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Flight Instructor Certificate
- Aircraft Dispatcher Training
- Air Traffic Control
- Aviation Maintenance
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
- Unmanned aerial flight
- Aviation Ground School
- Airport/Aviation Management
The funds will be distributed directly to a flight school or an accredited university (U.S. based) and may be used for training expenses and tuition only.
Please include the following in your application:
- Official Scholarship Application
- One recommendation letter (not from a family member) which attests to your character, skills, and accomplishments
- Introduce yourself to our chapter by writing a descriptive essay (no more than 750 words) which includes your academic and career goals, how you became interested in aviation, and how you intend to us the scholarship award
- Copies of all aviation certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applicable)
DUE DATE: November 1st, 2017
Candidates will be evaluated on academic achievement, volunteer experience, work experience, leadership skills, and extracurricular activities.