The Cleveland Chapter of Women in Aviation, International was founded in 2013 with the goal of inspiring, connecting, and engaging local aviation enthusiasts. As part of our goal, we are pleased to announce our chapter’s third consecutive scholarship opportunity! We will award several $1000 scholarships to deserving individuals who are currently seeking training in one of the following areas:
– Private Pilot Certificate
– Instrument Rating
– Multi Engine Rating
– Commercial Pilot Certificate
– Flight Instructor Certificate
– Aircraft Dispatcher Training
– Air Traffic Control
– Aviation Maintenance
– Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
– Unmanned aerial flight
– Aviation Ground School
– Airport/Aviation Management
Our scholarship is open to women and men who support women in the field of aviation. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
– Ohio resident or student of an Ohio educational program
– Currently attending, or planning to attend, a high school, accredited U.S. college, technical training program, and/or flight training at an FAA-approved Part 61 or Part 141 flight school.
The funds will be distributed directly to a flight school or an accredited university (U.S. based) and may be used for training expenses and tuition only.
Candidates will be evaluated on academic achievement, volunteer work in the community, work experience, leadership skills, and extracurricular activities.
All applications must be submitted by November 1st, 2018
Please include the following within your application:
– WAI CLE scholarship application 2018
– One recommendation letter
– Typed essay (up to 750 words)
– Copies of all aviation related certificates, if applicable